Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yoon Eun Hye in My Fair Lady

I started watching My Fair Lady yesterday where Yoon Eun Hye was the lead star in a triangle role with Yoon Sang-heon and Jeong Il-woo, both good looking in their own way.

yeh

Yoon Sang-heon

Jeong Il-woo

I like Eun Hye in Coffee Prince despite her lack of make up in the drama, and I really find her beauty refreshing although she was portraying a gay role or assumed by Han kyul, the lead actor opposite Eun Chan (YEH) played by Gong Yoo.

But seeing her in My Fair Lady as Kang Hae Na, looking so stylish, chic and trendy makes her more beautiful. Her role here in the drama is like a princess, pampered and a bit spoiled who is living with her grandfather. Her manner was one of haughtiness and selfish but there was a reason why her character was like that.

I finished watching episode 5 already and Dong Chan (Yoon Sang-heon) was really cute despite his rough character. I also like the other guy, Tae Yoon (Jeong Il-woo), with his fresh and suave character, always smiling. For now I am torn between the two of them but Dong Chan's antics are more favorable because he brings out the funny scenes in the story which made me laugh while watching.

So far, the drama is well written and acted upon, and definitely not boring.

My Fair Lady

updating:

Finally, I finished watching My Fair Lady. Even though the drama is light and funny at the same time, I found myself crying in the last part of episode 15 and in episode 16. There was this part where Hae Na was trying to say goodbye to Dong Chan, she was containing her emotions, trying very hard not to break down and you could feel her anguish as she let go of her love for Dong Chan. As for Dong Chan, he felt Hae Na's difficulty and he saved her from telling him that they would break up by telling her himself that he could not keep his promise to stay by her side.

It's so frustrating to watch these two lovers trying to be level headed while breaking up. Not to add the beautiful song playing in the background. It was so heart wrenching when Hae Na told him that if there would be a next life for them both, she would stay and be with Dong Chan. My tears kept pouring when Hae Na turned away from Dong Chan and walked away.

There was a lump in my throat at the beginning of episode 16 where Hae Na continued her life without Dong Chan. She narrated through her unfinished letter how her days passed by as if Dong Chan was still there at her side. It was as if she was telling him that even though they were apart, in her heart and in her mind, he never really left her. It was a touching moment.

Another part where my tears rolled down unknowingly was when her grandfather passed away silently. There were no more words to utter except call her grandfather while she wept. It was a simple scene yet so heavy.

My Fair Lady is a beautiful story, a story of love despite the odds. I may say that watching it was worth my while.:)

-mslee1107-


No comments:

Post a Comment