Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Monday, June 13, 2011

"Break Down" Album and The Anticipated Comeback of KHJ as a Solo Artist-my thoughts



June 2011 started very nice for me like those who follow KHJ career, I am sure. This is a month I have been anticipating since KHJ announced his comeback. I have been busy lurking at any sites, blog, and threads that talks about KHJ.

Well, I am a fan, and I know you can tell...(laughs) by reading the header of this blog.:)) Anyway, for the past weeks, besides Playful Kiss, which I already watched a thousand times, and still watching on our local net, (why,  I don't know, but I just can't let it pass, still fixated about the minjoong couple) I haven't paid any attention to other K-dramas for now. I guess, they will have to wait till this spazzing over KHJ's return somehow diminished, which I believe will be a good long wait since it's kinda impossible.:))

And I was not disappointed! The Break Down album (I'm still waiting for my own copy...yes, I have ordered) is awesome! Koreans describe it as daebak! There is no other way to describe it. The official MV and the live performances of Hyun Joong are all great. The MV was done in good taste, the choreography is nice, his moves are amazing, he dances gracefully, very eye catching and the sound and mixes of the song Break Down is catchy and really, chongmal,  beautiful. It is not because I am a fan, a biased fan, but as a lover of music, personally I think it's perfect. Just perfect for a comeback.

At first, I was kind of anticipating yet thinking...Could he really make it? As a solo artist? I have watched videos before of SS501 singing in concerts and I say that among the group, he has a hard time singing live especially when the song has a high note. And sometimes I hear a bit of trembling, maybe coz of breathlessness in his voice. And yes, his is not as powerful as Young Saeng or Jung Min. But if he would be given a ballad song or a sound just right for his voice, you can hear how nice his voice, how his tone lingers. He has this nice tone when singing songs that are apt for his voice range that is very soft and beautiful to our ears. I know that fans of him will know what I am talking about. Just listen to him sing Thank You, Because I'm stupid and his latest One More Time and you will definitely like his voice. It's like a lullaby.

Anyway, back to Break Down, I am happy that he found people who helped him make this album. They did a good job in arranging the sounds, the rhythms, the mixers, and all these suit Hyun Joong perfectly. Listening to him singing Please and Break Down, and also watching the videos, I noticed that he has much confidence in singing, in performing live because he did practiced a lot and prepared for this comeback. And what makes him more comfortable is that the arrangements of the songs was done in a way that his voice will sing the parts he can, while the high notes are recorded as a background song. For me, this is a clever move of the musical director, to make the singer be as comfortable as he should be while performing and at the same time, bringing out the best quality of his voice in a range that he can deliver.

KHJ may not be the best singer but he is a singer who sings beautifully. People say they want him singing an R&B song, yes, it suits him, but for me, I want him to sing more ballad ones. I think it suits his voice more. Please is a very beautiful song with a beautiful musical arrangements. It makes me sing Please over and over. :)) Of course the other tracks in the album are all nice. Waiting for the official MV of the remaining tracks.

I also like the new image of KHJ. He has left the boyish image and came back as a fully grown up man.  Very stylish grown up man. His suits are all great. Very chic.

Well, congratulations KHJ! You deserve all the accolades of your fans. You deserve this moment. You deserve to be on those stage and perform. Coz your amazing personality, the whole package alone is a guarantee of success. Your hard work is paying off.

This is only the beginning. More success in future projects. But this means I will be busy watching all the videos uploaded by fans.:))

Gwenchana ! KHJ is a celebrity I just can't miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment