Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

[Episode 3 and 4] I Miss You - my thougths

I only had time to watch episodes 3 and 4 back to back this afternoon. I'm almost a week late, but I tried to catch up. And so here are my thoughts.


gif credit to owner @tumblr

I realized how heavy the drama is right after watching the pilot episode last week. I had no idea what the story is about. I never read the news relating about the plot of the drama. I only know that it is not a romance-comedy which is the usual series that YEH does. I never picture that it will be more worse than I already expected. And I never thought it would be this heartbreaking for Lee Soo Yeon in these episodes.

I was glad that friendship blossomed between Soo Yeon and Jung Woo despite her stigma as a murderer's daughter. Jung Woo has surpassed that stage of fright of becoming a society's embarrassment if he was to be linked to Soo Yeon. He is what she needs. A friend whom she will trust. 

I thought Kim Eun Joo would be so mean to Soo Yeon, but it appears that she is not. Although she has a crush on Jung Woo, she acknowledged that it is Soo Yeon he likes. 

With the need to obey orders from Kang Hyun Joo, Hyung Joon's mother, the nurse Jung Hye Mi planned the kidnapping of Jung Woo. It was executed. But Soo Yeon got to witness and the abductors brought her along. Her fear is so strong but because she likes Jung Woo, she disregarded her safety and tried to save him to no avail. They were both to young and defenseless against these criminals. 

I understand Jung Woo's feelings. He is young and also scared, just like Soo Yeon. And the hardest part is seeing her being assaulted and raped in front of his eyes. That was the most difficult thing and traumatic experience any 15 year old boy could have gone through. He was so helpless. 

The pain is unimaginable for Soo Yeon. She was only a witness of a crime but she became a part and the receiver of the most hideous act any man could do to a woman. I felt her pain, her struggles, her cries and her shame. But the most hurtful of all was when Jung Woo left her alone when he saw the opportunity to escape. He was momentarily confused and think only of his safety. But I knew, deep in his heart, he was escaping to call for help. Because he could not do anything for her. Struggling to get away, he remembered how Soo Yeon risked her life for him.

He believed Han Tae Joon, his father. He thought he would rescue Soo Yeon. But he did not. It would sabotage his plans and uncover his nasty dealings with Hyun Joo. It was only Kim Sung Ho who never gave up on Soo Yeon. He was the detective who owed the girl so much for capturing her father and convicted him as a murderer, which was a mistake after all. He would not give up searching for her even if all leads were futile. I so love this man, who despite not her real father, but became a true father in every sense of the word. A father that loves a daughter in need. 

I teared a lot watching. My heart squeezed for both Soo Yeon and Jung Woo. I was mad at Tae Joon for his cold heart. I cried for Myung Hee for loosing Soo Yeon. I cried more when she begged the culprit to say Soo Yeon is still alive and what he did would not matter. A mother in anguish is so heartbreaking.

I was praying that Soo Yeon will be rescued in the end. That she would return to her family and to Jung Woo. But the betrayal she felt when he left her in that agonizing state she was in made her hysterical while Hyun Joon  pointed the newspaper saying she was declared dead.

Episode 4 ended with a question inside me. Will she come back or will she live with Hyung Joon and Hye Mi to make a fresh start? And I think that the story will go this way. I am not sure though.

Both Soo Yeon and Jung Woo suffered and shared a terrible past. It was a nightmare for the both of them. Deep scars will surely be embedded from their hearts. And they won't erase the past. It will continue to bind them in the future.


Waiting for this week's episodes.  For now, these are my thoughts. 
Will try to make screencaps later...

-mslee1107 writing-

No comments:

Post a Comment