Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The King of Dramas Marathon! + my review




mslee1107 is hooked! 

This is awesome!!! One of the best and fast paced drama currently airing. I am glad that I take a peek and immersed myself completely into watching it. Omo! 5 episodes back to back! Just so captivating it made me stayed in front of the screen fully absorbed.


The King of Dramas. Aptly titled for the series and for the characters in it. My first thoughts...

"The King of Dramas is awesome! Fast paced and the story is riveting. Kim Myung Min is so good as Anthony. He captivates me as a viewer. Just awesome. And Jung Ryeo Won has a feisty character as Lee Go Eun. Love the combination of these two. Their mere presence on the screen is fascinating. Daebak! The spirit and the guts to pursue ones dream despite all the odds. Two thumbs up!!!"

I love the the story. It leaves me hanging and craving for more. The twists, the negotiations, the intrigues and the sneaky characters are what makes the series good. There are lessons to be learned. Not just the dark sides but how every corner must be turned to reach ones goal. It's reality. But an intelligent viewer knows that at some point, all the underhand maneuvers and using powers to achieve anything and everything is not the ultimate means to have that satisfaction that the human heart wants.

I totally love Kim Myung Min as Anthony Kim, the King of Dramas Has been CEO of a company that produces dramas. His character is that of a man who knows nothing but success. His greed can't be put down by failure. He must and will rise above even if he is in deep mud. All resources will be exhausted until he succeeds. And there's no stopping this man from doing it.



Another interesting person that draws me in is Lee Go Eun, Jung Ryeo Won's character. A naive assistant drama writer who has not yet had her debut and no experience. But she has written a great story, a script on which a foreign investor [Japanese] invest a lot of money.  She is full of righteousness. Not yet corrupted by the people surrounding her in her field. 


But I love seeing her and Anthony on the same scene. Their chemistry as an actors, whether hoobae/sunbae is really awesome! I knew that at some point in the story, she will have great influence on Anthony to be a person who not only knows about winning but also learn humility. 


Oh and there is Choi Siwon, the K star as Kang Hyun Min. Perceived to be a happy go lucky kind of person, who works for the love of money, just like Anthony. But I think his true depth as Kang Hyun Min has not yet revealed. He may seemed an easy person to deal with, a boy who only knows how to play, but Lee Go Eun definitely will have effect on him.



Chincha!!! 

I was so absorbed watching 5 episodes Ionly stopped in episode 6 for lack of English subtitles! 

It's rare for me to watch  a series where great actors are casted together. And The King of Dramas has it! You name it, all the veterans are here. Though I am not really a Korean, but I have seen them in one or two dramas before and I know their caliber as an actor. Their presence on the screen and the character they played, either big or small is captivating.

Just to name a few...

The King of Dramas-Jeong Man-Sik.jpg
Jeong Man Sik as Oh Jin Wa

The King of Dramas-Jeon Mu-Song.jpg
Jeon Mu Song as Watanabe

The King of Dramas-Kwon Hae-Hyo.jpg
Kwon Hae Hyo as Nam Woon Hyung

The King of Dramas-Yun Ju-Sang.jpg
Yun Ju Sang as Moon Sang II

The King of Dramas-Park Keun-Hyeong.jpg .jpg
Park Keun Hyeong as President of Jaejoog Production

These veteran actors have all been around in one or two dramas I have watched.

Personally, I think The King of Dramas is a good choice for this last quarter of the year. Definitely, you will be hooked as I am.

for now this is mslee1107 writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment