Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Korean words and phrases...

In my previous blog, I admitted I was addicted to Korean dramas and it's beautiful actors. I had watched a number of dramas and by this time I learned a few words and phrases commonly used by the Koreans. It's a hobby for me, watching dramas and at the same time, I am learning their traditions and language without effort.

Below are lists of Korean words and phrases I learned through English subbed dramas I watched.

saranghe - means I love you
wae - why
cre/deh -yes/right/fine
anya - no
ara/araso -understand
ottoke- what to do
uhdi/uhdiya -where/where are we going
crom -so/then
gondeyeo -but
kamsahamnida/komowo -thank you
mianhe - sorry
gwenchana - are you alright?
danyuhaji -of course
annyeong - hello (greetings)
chwesong hamnida sammonim - I am sorry madam
daehangida -what a relief
geumane -stop it
chongmal/chincha -really
omo -ok
jebal -please
pali -hurry
kah -go
aigoo - an expression..like oh my (god)


samonim - madam
ommonim/omma - mother
sajangnim -master
appa -father
unnie -sister
noona - an older sister to a boy
oppa _ an older brother to a girl
Ajusshi -uncle/mister
yeojachingyu -girlfriend
donseang -younger sister or brother
sunbae -senior/older
hoobae -junior/younger
Ajumma -female aunt
hyung - brother
hyungnim -brother-in-law
chingu -friend
harabujee -grandfather
halmunee - grandmother

No comments:

Post a Comment