Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Playful Kiss on GMA and my wandering thoughts as a PK Fan

I was very excited when I heard about PK on GMA. It was a long wait since I first saw the teaser one afternoon. Although I already watched it many times, still, I am one of those who can not "move on" and stayed addicted to the drama.

I have mentioned before that I am and will always be a certified KAPUSO, hence GMA is the only channel I watched. This is the reason I was more excited the network got the rights over PK.

But I became a bit disappointed. Playful Kiss is a charming drama, yet, they cut so many scenes in the pilot episode. Personally, I think that those scenes should not be cut because for me, they make the story more cute and endearing to the viewers. How can a viewer understand PK if it will be edited like that? And I thought it was because the intro was so long and they like to get to the more important scenes, since it was their pilot episode. But the following day, I watched again, and guess what? It was episode 2 already with many deleted scenes again! If they keep on doing this, what will be left of the drama? It only has 16 episodes, each episode running for an hour at least, but the network is showing one episode in a very limited time. Soon, it will be over and certainly, the viewers will feel cheated because they were expecting a great romantic/comedy/drama series, but they only watched the highlights of the series which does not bring the full essence of the story.

It does not make sense, why they have to edit a drama they bought from other country.  It was done by those people who worked hard  to make the series lovable and made it a success not only across Asia but beyond. I am one of those who can't get enough of PK that is why I feel disappointed by the outcome of the show being shown to my fellow citizens. I really hope that they will not edit the drama anymore, in respect to the team behind Playful Kiss. One more thing, it's okay to promote our local talents but replacing the official soundtracks of the drama lessens the beauty of it. I came to love PK because it has great soundtracks which are all catchy and beautiful despite the language barrier. Not to mention Kim Hyun Joong who is a very popular figure who did one song for this drama which is very nice and became the main theme song of PK. Still waiting for that background song in the series but hasn't heard it since Monday.

Anyway, I hope some tracks will be retained as the drama progresses. I will still watch PK every afternoon on the slated hour despite some of my complaints, because I still want it to be number one in its time slot, to continue its success.

This is only my opinion. I will always be a KAPUSO no matter what. Just got to have these thoughts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment