Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Sunday, June 13, 2010

always on my mind


When i was a kid, i used to hear my "lola", (grandmother) talked about Elvis Presley. He was, i assumed, a favorite person, though my mind could not yet grasped the reason behind it. I was very young then, maybe around 4 or 5 years old. I would see her listening to some nice music of this Elvis person. She was a collector of his long playing albums. I also saw some from Beatles, but i knew that she favored Elvis more.

Now, as i was browsing @you tube, i saw this video of the great King Of Rock and Roll, who, by now, i knew as Elvis Presley, titled Always On My Mind. Many years back, perhaps because my lola was so into Elvis, i also became fascinated by the man himself. I had watched Elvis and Me by Priscilla Presley and it was then that i fell in love with their story. Who hasn't?

Although it was a sad story and had a sad ending, i thought that the way it ended,
with Elvis gone, still, there was no closure in their story. As a romantic fool that i am, i had this imagination that of all the women that were linked to him, it was Priscilla that gave him that feeling of being complete as a man. That it was only Priscilla that he truly loved, till the end.

He started rock and roll in the music industry, but he also sang love songs that are timeless. He had a really nice vocal range.

This video is one of my favorite and the song was great. I love the lyrics, it reminds me of their love story.

The lyrics are so nice it tugs at the heart.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment