Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Monday, April 25, 2011

Watching The Other Side of Leader KHJ





Kim Hyun Joong became a household name here in our country when BOF was aired in one of our local network 2008. During that time I was one of those who stick in front of a television just to watch the afternoon show. I was already a K-drama follower as early as 2002 when Autumn in my Heart was first shown in my favourite network.

But Boys Over Flower was a series that immediately loved by almost everyone, young and old. The handsome boys playing in the drama were all the talk of the town. During those times, admittedly, I was so into Lee Min Ho maybe because he was the lead character in the show opposite "Geum Jan Di" aka Gu Hye Sun. Though I  find leader cute and handsome (much handsome) he did not make an impact during that time.

It was only recently when I saw him in Playful Kiss that I came to love him not just as an actor but as a singer, hence, I became a follower of  SS501. It's sad that just when I was so into their songs, it was the time when they finished their contract in their previous agency, DSP, and did not renew. Now they are currently on their own in different companies and are not doing any event as a group. But leader pacified the fans by saying that it is not the end for their group, they are not disbanding but rather just trying to make it on  their own for the time being. That is why I am still waiting for that comeback with the rest of the Triple S.

Playful Kiss became my number one series this 2011. Perhaps it did not gain popularity in Korea during the time it was airing due to many competitions, but for me, the moment I watched it, I became addicted to it. The story is an ordinary one, but because of the great chemistry between Baek Seung Jo and Oh Ha Ni, (KHJ and JSM), I really liked them. Jung So Min is so cute and pretty while Kim Hyun Joong is so handsome and he makes the screen come alive with his presence.



I always thought that leader is a silent type of person. That he lives a serious life. But the other day I had the chance to watch We Got Married, where he was paired with Hwang Bo in a reality show. The moment I watched it, I realized that I was wrong in my assessment of leader KHJ. He is such a funny person. He is so natural in that series, there was no script, he played as himself. He is such a sweet person. He also has wittiness within. I like the way he thinks, whether it was a joke or just a thought, it always came out funny. I hear myself laughing all the time I was watching him. And I see his child like manner which is so endearing, I want to give him a hug. What I like is his playful side. I can say that he is a smart and intelligent person, with the way he speaks and thinks. Maybe some people will say that he is weird, hence he got the title "4D", but for me, his way of thinking and actions are just unique, not common, because he is an amazing person. A very talented one, and it is a fact. A singer, an actor, one who dances very well, his moves are great, a person who can play different kinds of instrument...what else? Ah..yes, he plays soccer also. A good swimmer. Seldom we see a person like him who is multi talented. And another factor that makes him an awesome individual is that he is a person who likes challenges and never backs down, like what I saw in WGM. He likes to win, not only against an opponent but he likes to challenge even himself, to test how far his limits are, that's why he is a winner. With this characteristic I can easily assume that he is a perfectionist.



cute:))

He is also a caring person. He was very sensitive to the feelings of Hwang Bo and when she was not feeling well, he will go to the drugstore/convinience store to buy food and medicines.



And what I like most is that he keeps his promises no matter what. A true leader indeed! A person who value his words.





I had a great time watching We Got Married. I get to see the other side of leader Kim Hyun Joong, the lighter and true side of a very handsome leader.:))

2 comments:

  1. i am a huge huge fan of KHJ..I happened to start watching K-drama only last year, and I started with Playful kiss and absolutely loved the drama and Kim Hung Joong himself...

    ReplyDelete