Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Monday, January 2, 2012

Dong Yi : episode 54 and still counting...+ OST...+ updated thoughts

Christmas break started second week of December 2011 and as stated in my previous blog I will spend my time watching K-dramas. I first watched POSEIDON and after finishing it started immediately on DONG YI. 



Currently it is airing in our local netwrok, GMA Kapuso channel but because I was not able to watch it during it's pilot episode, I decided to watch it on line. And I was not disappointed because it was a story that makes you want to see the next episodes, want to see what will happen to the characters and ultimately, will villains be punished for their actions.

I am now in episode 54...which means that I already spent 54hours watching this series. I love Han Hyo Jo's character [Dong Yi] who was a person who stands up for the truth and His Majesty [Ji Jeen Hye] King Suk Jong for truly loving Dong Yi despite her social standing which was called low born that time. I like the pacing of the story, it's fast and not boring or dragging. And because it was a true story I wanted to anticipate all the events that will unfold in the story. 

Greed and ambition makes a person do anything and everything just to maintain position and power in society, not caring who will pay the price, which is [ultimately] life of an innocent man. Lady Jang or Jang Ok-Jung [Lee So Yeon] is one of the characters that made it more interesting with her greediness for power. As a viewer it makes me want to reach for her hair and tell her to stop all her [devious]ploys.

I am still not finished watching the series and now I am in episode 54 already. It was along story but worth my time. A story that will captivate your heart and believe that the truth will always be right and no power, greed, conspiracy and lies will make it disappear. Truth may be buried, but time will come when it would resurface at the right moment and nothing can stop it from making everything put in their right places.

I still have 6more episodes to go and I know that there are still more secrets to be revealed and how Dong Yi will overcome all obstacles that were being thrown at her path. I like to uncover them too as a viewer and finally rejoice when Dong Yi triumphs over conspiracies and manipulations.

I recommend this historical drama to all who likes crushing lies and deceits but continuous to search for the truth.

below are details about Dong Yi-the Korean drama...and OST







Kiss scene









update: 


already finished this a week ago, only got this time to post my thoughts.
I love how His Majesty chose to abdicate his throne and just live outside the palace with Dong Yi. It showed how deep his feelings were and position and power means nothing. He portrayed a good King during his time, looking for his son's welfare.  But the ministers did not let him do so, so he remained the King. The culprits, the remaining villains who plotted against Dong Yi and tried harming her did not succeed but were all punished. 


In the end, Dong Yi chose to live outside the palace to fulfill her dreams of caring and helping the people against injustices done by those in government. She built an office by her house and through her lowborn citizens found an ally. 


As for Chon Soo, one of my favourite character, brother to Dong Yi, he lived to serve the son of Dong Yi as King, successor to the throne. He lived fulfilling his duty as an uncle/ahjussi and as a faithful servant by his side. It was also a sad mowment for me as a viewer because I knew how he loved Dong Yi, yet he took a step back and let her love the King, but still staying by her side until the end.






    No comments:

    Post a Comment